Go, You Fab-o Folks!

Friday 18 July 2014



Those of you that see my posts on Facebook or Instagram know that I religiously (kinda, sometimes, try my best to stick to it!) follow the #photoaday phenomenon. For those of you who don’t know what that is, essentially it’s a daily photo prompt created and distributed by super-fab-blogger (among other things) FatMumSlim. Each day of the month has a different prompt, something new to interpret, take a photo of and share. Today’s prompt is: “Admire”. It’s pretty vague (in a good way) but it certainly got me thinking.

Who do I admire? Well, the answer is: everyone. Folks I know personally, folks I don’t. Those I have bucket-loads of love for and even those I’m not a super-huge fan of. I admire lots of us as a collective group of struggling, potentially fabulous, talented and inspiring human beings. Some of you are just remarkable at being you, at doing this life thing, at giving so much back. I’m very fortunate to find myself surrounded by wonderfully courageous and incredible family and friends.

The fact is that everybody has highs and lows, positives and negatives, good fortune and crapola life shit. Everybody has to be brave, resilient and always evolving. We’re all parents, children, siblings, relatives, co-workers, lovers, friends, neighbours, grandparents…we’re all something special to someone. No matter how hard life gets (and for some people it is horrifically, devastatingly, uncomprehendingly so) we are all (for the most part) trying to be the best version of ourselves and contribute positively to the world around us. That’s pretty damn admirable if you ask me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment